[geekcrypt] Re: Introducing frehberg, or Frank

  • From: Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 23:39:05 -0400

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬
<compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As you can see in my mail to Bill, I am not (yet) a crypto coder, but
> studying maths & crypto at college (in Taipei, Taiwan, although I am
> actually from Germany). I do kow my way around some C/C++ though. Not
> so much around Windows though, have been using mainly Debian since my
> early teens.
>
> So since you and Bill can probably better estimate that--if there is
> something a rookie like me could work and / or learn on, feel free to
> let me know. :)
>
> Niklas

I'm in the same boat as well. I'm an engineering student, but I've had
a strong interest in computer technology since I could use one. I'm
most knowledgeable with system administration, networking, and web
development (PHP/SQL). However, I am familiar with C, C++, Java, and
various system scripting (perl, bourne shell, stuff like that). I'm in
the "let me know what to do, and I'll try my best" crowd as well. It's
a great learning experience and I'd be proud to contribute to a
project such as this.

By the way, everyone: I created a IRC channel on OFTC, #CipherShed
ircs://irc.oftc.net:6697/CipherShed

I did some reading on Freenode and OFTC's policies/goals, and I think
OFTC is a bit more attractive, so I went with it.

My time available on IRC will be sporadic throughout the day, but I'll
definitely stick around.