[gameprogrammer] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Harrington, Timothy" <tharrington@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:15:58 -0500

Cengage and AK Peters are coming out with a whole new series of books on
Game Development and Game Engine Design. A good 3D engine will have a
solid 2D management system built into it so if you build a series of 2D
games to test your elements and game theory, you will be able to adapt
quickly to 3D space and 3D ai.

Game Physics Engine Development (The Morgan Kau...
<http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Development-Kaufmann-Interactive-Technolo
gy/dp/012369471X/ref=pd_sim_b_1>  by Ian Millington

Real-Time Rendering, Third Edition
<http://www.amazon.com/Real-Time-Rendering-Third-Tomas-Akenine-Moller/dp
/1568814240/ref=pd_sim_b_4>  by Tomas Akenine-Moller

And the Gems books are also very good...

Tim J. Harrington

Assistant Dean

College of Engineering and Information Sciences

University Academic Affairs

Game & Simulation Programming

Web Graphics Design

Multimedia Design & Development

DeVry University

p: 602.870.9222 x 847

f:  602.734.1999

c: 623-628-7890

e: tharrington@xxxxxxxxx

www.devry.edu <http://www.devry.com/>

Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:51:15 -0500
From: tharrington@xxxxxxxxx
To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Julian,

This is one of those questions that you want to use Amazon.com for book
searches or Google for simple engine design. Depending on the complexity
of the game you are designing you can build an engine with adaptability
and flexibility for future iterations of your game.

Tim J. Harrington

Assistant Dean

College of Engineering and Information Sciences

University Academic Affairs

Game & Simulation Programming

Web Graphics Design

Multimedia Design & Development

DeVry University

p: 602.870.9222 x 847

f:  602.734.1999

c: 623-628-7890

e: tharrington@xxxxxxxxx

www.devry.edu <http://www.devry.com/>

cid:EE0F390C-E00D-4307-8E56-8904B9A6816E