[gameprogrammer] Re: Welcome Tanmay.

  • From: "Samuel Batista" <coder4hire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 21:52:30 -0500

Hey everyone,

My name is Samuel Batista, I graduated Full Sail University with a Bachelors
in Game Development last year. I don't quite remember how I stumbled across
this list, but I saw some intense debates, and there wasn't any spam, so I
just stayed on it.

I work at TimeGate Studios in Sugar Land, TX, as a UI Programmer for AAA
games. It's pretty boring sometimes... I'm still very young and green, but
I'm trying to sharpen my programming skills while leading a comfortable life
in the corporate world. My goal is to become an independent developer and
earn a living making games I want to make.

I work with C++, ActionScript and Unreal Script. On my spare time I dabble
with Flash game development, I really like the fact that I can get something
up and running quickly with the tech, even if I have to sacrifice scope due
to performance limitations (which is a pretty good thing for a lone newb
programmer).

PS:
Crunching sucks :S