[gameprogrammer] Re: Welcome Tanmay.

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 17:22:34 -0600

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Ross T <ross_is_the_best@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> From: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> No matter who tells you something. No matter what book you read it in.
>> Even if it is your teacher and it is in the text book. It is not true
>> until you have tried it for your self and found that it works for you.
>> Since you don't have time to try everything yourself you should listen
>> to people you trust, who have not reason to lie to you. And start with
>> what they tell you. But, only if you can be fairly sure that what they
>> are suggesting to you will not harm you.
>>
>> I'm paraphrasing the hell out of that paragraph. Anyone know who I
>> stole it from?
>

> No, what's it from?
>
> Ross

It is from the Kalama Sutra. The Good people fo the town of Kalama as
Buddha why they should believe him. His answer was basically that they
shouldn't believe him, they should test what he taught and if it did
them good they should continue to follow it, and if not, then they
should not follow it. He basically laid out the entire scientific
method about 2500 years ago.

Bob Pendleton