[gameprogrammer] Re: Gameprogrammer Wiki

  • From: Scott Harper <lareon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:01:33 -0600

This seems like a great idea and location for people to put up mistakes
and misnomers that they run into for others to reference...  Things like
commonly made mistakes for various APIs or languages, as well as key
things to know.  Perhaps after I finish my PonGL game, I'll put up a tut
on that, because I tried to make it as object-oriented as I know how.
(OOP, to me, feels cleaner and nicer, but that may also be due to my
babying in Java code... ^_^)  So it'll be a nice simple tutorial on OOP
in games.  Too many tutorials you see are strictly structured
programming, and not objective.  Not sure why, but I'll put it out there
unless someone beats me to it.

Also, when people do tuts on their projects, it'd be a perfect place for
comments and suggestions for improvements!  (Something I'd hope for...)

--Scott