[gameprogrammer] Re: GAME School

  • From: "Alan Wolfe" <atrix2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:42:07 -0700

even though alot of companies will see "game programmer" and maybe think "oh
hes not a serious programmer", you have to remember, game programming is
some of the most intense programming there is.

think about the difference between writing an app in VB that has a GUI
interface that records phone numbers and addresses.

Now compare that to a 3d game that uses oct trees, LOD rendering, dynamic
shadows and lighting and is networked.

or even compare that to a 2d tetris clone.

if you can code either of those, you blow any business programmer away and
have the skills to program just about anything else IMO.