[freelists-users] How do I bulk load or change the subscriber list?

  • From: "Sidney Markowitz" <sidney@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:15:29 -0800

I'm moving an existing mailing list to freelists. I entered the
subscriber list by using a copy and paste into the web interface. This
has two problems:

1. I got a separate email acknowledgement for each subscribe. Not too
bad given my 62 members, but I would not want to set up a new list
with 1000 initial members.

2. The web interface accepts only the email address. Now I am faced
with slow and tedious entry of 62 full names by editing the options of
each member. This would really not be feasible for a list of any size.

What are the email commands I can use to set the full names of all my
members? How would I have used the email command interface to load the
member list in the first place?

I think this is a big enough problem for anyone moving a large
existing list to freelists that instructions should appear in the
introduction that new moderators receive.

Thanks for help,

 -- sidney