Re: Need Waterman converter

  • From: "Roger Beamon" <rbeamon1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: fptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:06:52 -0700

On 15 May 2006 at 0:45, Eric D. Zamir-Zimmerman wrote, at least in part:

> More than strength, Roger... some foolishness as well, since it's a
> lot easier and cheaper to find the right converter than to fix a
> damaged feed. Montegrappa is kind of picky. Also Dupont.

I don't have pricey pens like them in my 40 pen accumulation. Only my
modern Parker Centennials are converter fed and are expensive by my
standards, and they're provided with the proper converters.

Some properly matched converters require a stiff push to seat and a very
determined twisty pull to release. You know it's the converter supplied with
the pen, yet you can't believe how hard it is to mount and dismount. The
modern Pilot VP is such an example. So, it takes the good sense to mic the
inside diameter of the mouth of the converter and the O.D. of the nipple if in
doubt.

> I don't really use converter pens anymore, except for the Dupont,
> which I hope to sell as well, but they come in handy for my son's
> pens.

I like some converter fed pens better than others. Sailor's are a favorite
converter fed pen. Big mouthed converters that are good feeders after the
obligatory soapy wash at the beginning. Most of my Bexley converter pens
feed pretty well, too! The Bexleys are standard International  size. and will
take any without a peep!

--
Roger Beamon
Southern Arizona  USA
in the Subject field. The email that you then receive MUST be replied to per
instructions to complete the process.