Re: [foxboro] alarm inhibiting vs. alarm disabling - process summary reporter

  • From: <Kevin_Fitzgerrell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:07:53 +0900

Me to!

Kevin FitzGerrell
PTFI Freeport

-----Original Message-----
From: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of MIKE KINCH
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:05 AM
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [foxboro] alarm inhibiting vs. alarm disabling - process
summary reporter

Sounds good to me.
=20
Mike Kinch
Sydney Water Corporation
>>> corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx 21/12/06 3:40 am >>>

Hmmm....sounds familiar :)

So let's take a poll: who would like to see connectable alarm
destination=20
group (*GP) parameters?

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Armour, Alan" <aarmour@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/19/2006 04:14 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] alarm inhibiting vs. alarm disabling - process summary=20
reporter

Good one Michael,
The annoying thing that I find is that as soon as you
use INHIB or INHALM to configure logically driven alarm suppresion the
block automatically appears as "inhibited" on the inhibited alarms
report. What I have done is to use INHALM for logically supressing
alarms, so that the operators can still overide the logical inhibits
by
using INHIB. I have walked away from the Foxboro inhibited alarms
reports and used a script which looks for INHIB =3D3D1, and combined
with
another script which extracts alarm inhibiting actions from the
operator
action logs. This gives me a time stamp of when an alarm was operator
inhibited. The other annoying thing is as part of my overall alarm
philosopy I want to reduce alarm traffic to the operator during
abnormal
situations. There is important data which can be used in post event
analysis which would be lost if a blanket inhibit of non immediately
important alarms are suppressed, so I have a desire to divert many
alarms to an "historian only" alarm group. This would be easy to do if
the alarm group paramaters on any block which produces alarms was
connectable, but....(hope Alex is looking!). At the moment what I am
doing is run two blocks, one for the operators, and one for historian,
and use block names which are as close as possible to each other.
regards,
Alan  =3D20