Re: [foxboro] alarm inhibiting vs. alarm disabling - process summary reporter

  • From: "Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:19:25 -0500

Brad,

Configuring the AIN parameter INHOPT will control the block action and =
thus the default display appearance when the block gets inhibited.  =
Since this parameter is non-settable and non-connectable you can only =
change it by one of the configurators.

To inhibit the AIN block alarms (once you have determined what happens =
by the above configuration) you have two options:

1.  You can INHIB_ALL from the default display to set the AIN block =
INHIB parameter true.  Since INHIB is connectable and settable, there =
are lots of ways to set this to the true state. Remember that =
configuring a connection prevents setting a parameter.

2.  You can send a HEX pattern to the AIN's INHALM parameter. Again this =
parameter is connectable and settable, so any display or program can set =
the hex pattern if there is no connection. For example a pattern 0x0003 =
will inhibit HIGH and LOW alarms.

3. Note that INHIB has priority over INHALM, meaning that you can =
inhibit with INHALM if INHIB is not inhibited but you cannot enable an =
alarm with INHALM if INHIB is inhibited.

The black or white color of the text in the default display is =
determined by #1 or #2 remembering that #1 has priority.

For all other blocks that have alarms you really need to read the =
specific edoc for the block at your revision level.

Hope this helps,

Terry