Re: [foxboro] Upcoming device integrators

  • From: Brian Bates <batesb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:53:21 -0400

Good morning Alex.

Please help me understand these issues, as I am trying to help make
decisions for upcoming upgrades.

      From your post below:
      We are working on Solaris for the Mesh, but it is more complicated
than we had hoped since Sun         dropped support for OpenWindows. At
this time we aren't quoting a date because we haven't             completed
enough of the project work to provide a reliable date.

I was under the impression that the ATS was device that was holding us back
from installing the latest  IA/SUN box on a MESH network.
Is this true that we are we waiting for BOTH the ATS and IA v8 for Solaris?
Can you verify that I/A v8 will (or will not support) DM?

      From a past post:
      V8 workstations do not have DST issues. Nothing has changed on
Solaris workstations under V6/7           with regard to DST.

Are you saying that I/A SUN boxes and I/A wintel boxes no longer have DST
issues when running I/A v8?
Will I/A v8 support 51B and 51D workstations?

Is this information available on the IA website?

      -Regards, Brian Bates.
            Bowater Canadian Forest Products Inc.
            Thunder Bay ON

                      "Johnson, Alex P

                      (IPS)"                      To:
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      <alex.johnson@xxxxxx        cc:

                      vensys.com>                 Subject:  Re: [foxboro]
Upcoming device integrators
                      Sent by:

                      foxboro-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      09/18/2005 05:54 PM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

Stan,

Re: Given that the FDSI FBM's will require CP 270's, then I assume that
will
include both the baseplates mounted and the ones that mount in "classic"
Foxboro racks, right?

The FCP270 can talk to either 200-Series (DIN mount) or 100-Series (rack
mount) FBMs, but not both at the same time. Support for 100-Series I/O
should be available in the first part of 2006.

The ZCP270 requires an FCM between it an its I/O (like a CP60). We are
building such an FCM for the 100-Series I/O. It should be available in
mid-year.

Thus, if you want FDSI and 100-Series I/O on the same CP, you need a ZCP
and
the appropriate FCMs.

Re: Will it be possible, and if so when will it be possible to host the
above configuration from a UNIX machine?

We are working on Solaris for the Mesh, but it is more complicated than we
had hoped since Sun dropped support for OpenWindows. At this time we aren't
quoting a date because we haven't completed enough of the project work to
provide a reliable date.

Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77063
+1 713 722 2859 (voice)
+1 713 932 0222 (fax)
+1 713 722 2700 (switchboard)
alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope to see you at the Invensys Process System User Group meeting October
3-6 in Houston, TX -
www.invensys.com/usergroup2005