Re: [foxboro] Upcoming device integrators

  • From: stan <stanb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:22:14 -0400

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 03:16:56PM -0400, Johnson, Alex P (IPS) wrote:
> Stan,
>
> I hope you can come to the User's Group meeting because all of this will be
> discussed.
>
> However, I'll take a shot at it for you:
>
> 1) Our plan for device integration is to do it through an FBM.
> 2) The new FBM is known generically as an FDSI FBM.
> 3) There are two flavors:
>    a) 10/100 Ethernet
>    b) Serial: RS232/422/485; four channels; 115 Kbps per channel
> 4) Current drivers include:
>    a) OPC DA
>    b) Modbus Serial RTU (Master and Slave)
>    c) Modbus TCP/IP
>    d) TSAA (Triconex)
> 5) A-B support is a three step process:
>    a) AB-DH using the KF/KE adapters - basically DI30 based ABGW (Sep)
>    b) CSP ( control server protocol) is an Allen Bradley proprietary
>       protocol that tunnels DF1 commands through Ethernet packets.
>       This was the original protocol on PLC5E and SLC/05 and has been
>       supported in AW70 AB driver using RSLINX from AB. We will extend
>       the current DH+ driver on FDSI to support CSP. We need this for
>       Micro-I/A customers. (by Jun 06 if not sooner)
>    c) Ethernet/IP - The latest from A-B; used with ControlLogix (after
>       mid 2006)
> 6) The FDSI FBM works only with CP270s.
> 7) CP270s require a V8 system
> 8) Connection between an existing system and the V8 systems is through
>    The Address Translation Station (ATS). So, the minimum equipment
>    to add an FDSI is:
>    1) 1 pair of ATSs
>    2) 1 pair of Ethernet switches
>    3) 1 AW70 to host the ATS and other equipment
>    4) 1 CP270 (FCP270 or ZCP270)
>    5) 1 FDSI FBM
>    6) A variety of cables and baseplates
>
> Hope this helps.

What are you doing reading this list on a Sunday Alex?

Yes, it helps. It does raise a couple of followup questions, if I could.

Given that the FDSI FBM's will require CP 270's, then I assume that
will include both teh vaseplate mounted and the ones that mount in
"classic" Foxboro racks, right?

Will it possible, and if so when will it be possible to host the above
configuration from a UNIX machine?

Thansk for the quick reply.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror