Re: [foxboro] Remote display manager on a moder X server?

  • From: Darryl Bond <dbond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:13:24 +1000

Do you have the foxboro fonts available (xlsfonts). You could try
(auto)mounting
the /usr/fox/wp/fonts from an AW and set the appropriate directory in the
XF86Config file.

Best of luck getting it to work with >8bit colour though. The blink task will
fail and screw up the colours on the DM.
I would dearly like to get this to work. 256 colours these days is just about
unusable. Two X servers work (:1 8bit & :0 24bit) but it's not something that
you can give to anyone.

I tried the Matrox Overlay option which has 8 + 24bit. Trouble is the root
window is 8 bit so the window manager (gnome/kde) and apps think it has 8 bit
only. I haven't been able to get it to have a 24bit root window with 8 bit
overlay.

Regards
Darryl Bond