Re: [foxboro] Remote display manager on a moder X server?

  • From: "Bruley, Peter" <pbruley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Darryl Bond <dbond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:22:17 -0400

You can build your own custom palette for the remote (exceed) blink_task
using the "palette editor"

Then save it with a new name say "sys_pal.remoteblink"

Then make a change in your remote DM script to use the new palette you
created (thus you do not need to change any of the FOXBORO - SUN defaults)
by passing in the palette arg to blink_task. For example:

/usr/fox/wp/bin/blink_task -f -b -r -hb 5 -sig
/usr/fox/wp/data/sys_pal.remoteblink &

Peter