Re: [foxboro] Remote display manager on a moder X server?

  • From: "Jeremy Milum" <Jeremy_Milum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:33:43 -0500

> Has anyne gotten remote display manager to start up and display corectly
on
> a modern X server? (XFree864 for isntance).

Yes, I have gotten this to work.  The key seems to be the Window Manager
that you choose (at least
that seems to be the key for me YMMV)  Try to use a very lightweight one
such as IceWM (w/o Gnome
support).  What specific software are you using?

--
Jeremy Milum
Huntsman Polymers Corporation

                    stan

                    <stanb@xxxxxxxx>          To:     Foxboro List
<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Sent by:                  cc:

                    foxboro-bounce@fre        Subject:     [foxboro] Remote
display manager on a moder X server?
                    elists.org

                    07/29/02 12:13 PM

                    Please respond to

                    foxboro

I started taking a look at this today, and I thought it would require
seting the X server to 8 bit color (ignoring for the moment proepr color
matching, and font issues). But after geting a 2nd X server runing on my
machine which is 8 bit color, I'm still having problems geting it to start.

Sugestions?

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                              -- Benjamin
Franklin