Re: [foxboro] RE : AIM Historian BAD POINTS

  • From: "Ron Schafer" <rschafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:45:09 -0400

Even after a force delete the license software wont release the point back in
so that another point can be added. This has been added as a car but no real
resolution as far as I am aware. You can verify this when deleting a point by
first looking at the value in the histmgr instance tab, Real Time Points
section and configured points value. When the point gets deleted this value
should increase by the number of points deleted/force deleted. Our system
reached the limit due to points being added and some were deleted so additional
points could be added, however this didn't decrease and we were forced to
increase our license to add the additional points even though our total count
of active points was less than the original licensed amount of active points. :(
This meant $$$$ spent due to a bug or lose historical data and start the
historian over.
Ronald G. Schafer
10026 Old Ridge Rd.
Ashland Va. 23009
804-227-4034

Subject: Re: [foxboro] RE : AIM Historian BAD POINTS

List,

You can FORCE_DELETE your incorrect or deleted AIM points.

I use a small script to do this.
Basically you do a histcsave, use the "histname"_del.inp file to filter o=
n deleted point and do a force delete for these point with histcbatch (yo=
u will see that the used index nr is gone but you will be able to put new=
 points in. without deleting your complete database and rebuild it and lo=
ose al you histdata.

Syntax for force_deleted is:

1 DELETE POINT C:B.P NAME FORCE_DELETE

Regards,