Re: [foxboro] Priority in Alarm messages

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:19:06 -0500

Hmm...I didn't know that the priority did not come out on the printer. Not
really sure why this would be the case, as the Alarm Manager and  legacy
historian know about it.  Is this true of any non-AM alarm device?

To do long-term alarm logging, I have some scripts to read and parse the
almhist file that the legacy historian uses for a circular alarm history
buffer.  These were based on some code I found on the Cassandra site and
in some Foxboro HH documents, but I've had to modify them several times as
I've come across weird data the historian puts in this file for certain
alarm types, and to add additional features (like putting the year in the
timestamp).  It's not real-time (it runs out of cron every hour), but
suits my needs.  I hope to get this into some kind of database (either my
own or some alarm-management product's) for better analysis capabilities.

As for how the alarm management vendors determine priority, most of the
packages I've seen also import part or all of the system configuration
(either periodically from iccprt dumps or live via OPC) and get the
priorities from that.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

"Ghodhbani, Hafedh" <Hafedh.Ghodhbani@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/19/2007 04:32 AM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[foxboro] Priority in Alarm messages

Hello,
We are sending plant alarms continuously to a PC for analysis.
We would like to add the alarm priority to the alarm message text.
Can you please advise how to proceed.

For your information, this is the alarm message we want to modify the
structure:

PK2103:PC21103.PK2103                   HP N2 PURGE GAS
LOABS
01-19-07 09:35:45:2     0.05BAR        ( 0.05) LOW ALARMS
ALM

Regards
Lead C&I Eng
BG Group
Tel:+21674259250  ex 574

BG Energy Holdings Limited
Registered in England & Wales No: 3763515
Registered address:
100 Thames Valley Park Drive
Reading, Berkshire RG6 1PT  UK
Telephone: +44 (0)118 935 3222