Re: [foxboro] Integrator 30 for Modbus quirk

  • From: David Johnson <drjohn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 06:03:10 -0600

I'm sure you did this, but just to be clear.
You are sure the device is a modbus slave?
You are sure the modbus address of the device matches what you expect?
(Of course, you said it doesn't seem to be polling from I/A when you
look at the traffic, so the above guesses are probably not the problem.)
After you added the ECB16, you put it online in the system monitor?
(I know you did, but I have to ask.)
Also what is the BPC of the gateway? Many people run these at 1
second instead of .5, this makes the PERIOD information shown on
detail displays incorrect.  William Ricker is correct in that Period
/ Phases in the Compound itself, and the MDSCAN block must be
compatible.  In rare instances we have also seen cases where
re-phasing blocks in Integrator 30s does not seem to work.  In those
cases (2 in 10 years) we had to shutdown the gateways during an
outage, initialize and re-load before everything worked as it should.

Best of luck,
David