Re: [foxboro] I need a System Monitor Messages Decoder Ring

  • From: Ron Schafer <rschafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:33:29 -0400

Hey Dave...
Well, Since I don't have access to a decoder ring I would have to go on gut
response.

2010-04-05 06:37:37 C2CP03 Process = C2PP16                    -39          1
HIGH MB P1 200 ALERT 01 01 Exception Code

OK, what does this mean, why am I gettting this, how do I fix it?

I would look into it being a Modbus message from the plc. Specifically an
exception code. (see http://www.modbustools.com/PI_MBUS_300.pdf) Perhaps an
exception code type 01 01 ( modbus read of coils{first 01}, illegal function
{second 01}) Are you trying to do a coil read and the device does not support
coils or possible the coil requested is out of range of the coils in the device?
I would suspect the "MB" means modbus and "P1" is port 1 "200" is block ecbtype
generating error of type "alert" ie...non critical and in CP "C2PP16".
I would look into sniffing the rs485 comms to see just what is being
transferred and what errors are being sent. I do this a lot on TCP/IP but sure
its possible on RS485.

Ronald G. Schafer

Distributed Controls System Administrator

White Birch Paper Company

Bear Island L.L.C. Division

10026 Old Ridge Road

Ashland VA, 23005