Re: [foxboro] I need a System Monitor Messages Decoder Ring

  • From: "Johnson, David" <David.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:54:02 -0500

Hey Ron,
I believe you nailed it!  I think I am trying to read a coil that is out of
range with the transaction file, although there is not a block specifically
looking at that address.  I am going to re-size the transaction file and will
let you know.

Thanks,
David

BTW, I would still be interested in learning to decode these type messages
without bothering the list.  I really don't mind reading the manual (if I can
determine which manual, and the information in it is correct).

Pertinent information left below....

2010-04-05 06:37:37 C2CP03 Process = C2PP16                    -39          1
HIGH MB P1 200 ALERT 01 01 Exception Code

OK, what does this mean, why am I gettting this, how do I fix it?

I would look into it being a Modbus message from the plc. Specifically an
exception code. (see http://www.modbustools.com/PI_MBUS_300.pdf) Perhaps an
exception code type 01 01 ( modbus read of coils{first 01}, illegal function
{second 01}) Are you trying to do a coil read and the device does not support
coils or possible the coil requested is out of range of the coils in the device?
I would suspect the "MB" means modbus and "P1" is port 1 "200" is block ecbtype
generating error of type "alert" ie...non critical and in CP "C2PP16".
I would look into sniffing the rs485 comms to see just what is being
transferred and what errors are being sent. I do this a lot on TCP/IP but sure
its possible on RS485.

Confidentiality Notice:

The information contained in this message is private and confidential.  This
information is intended only for  the individual or entity named above.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, review, dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken
based on this message or its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
and delete or destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.  Thank
you.