Re: [foxboro] FBM232 and Allen Bradley PLC-5/40E with FDSI Ethernet/Ip

  • From: Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:42:59 +0900

Which docs are those - Foxboro or AB - that say you can use EthernetIP to
PLC5?  My understanding is that Foxboro had implemented a fairly limited CIP
(EthernetIP) driver that works with ControlLogix but not PLC5.  They have a
separate Ethernet driver for PLC5s, using CSP but it is also quite limited.
Neither driver appears to be a good fit at my plant.
Cheers,

Kevin FitzGerrell