Re: [foxboro] FBM232 and Allen Bradley PLC-5/40E with FDSI Ethernet/Ip

  • From: jrmcleish63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:16:15 +1000

Donato,

I'm like Jack and no expert but the documentation does say that you can talk
EthernetIP to PLC5E. Most of our PLC's are used to scan devicenet rather than
IO so we have been replacing these with FBM232 Anybus combination. This works
well if you only have devicenet. We chose not to risk the ethernetIP since we
only had a couple of PLC5E's and went to FBM230 with serial which have proven
to be reliable but need a lot of work to get your scanning in the right order.
Basically once you have arranged your data into contiguous blocks by moving
them to block transfer reads/writes then you can pull a lot of data across the
link. If you get them wrong comms can be very very slow...

cheers, Rob.