Re: [foxboro] Day0 Installation of AW51G

  • From: "Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:45:43 -0500

Mathes,

Thank you for the detailed answer.  I think you need to ask the Invensys =
Reps why they think that a Day0 install on the AW51G is going to fix a =
FOLAN problem. Perhaps they can tell you why the replacement of the hard =
disk has caused you to see FOLAN problems, but in my opinion, you have =
two separate and distinct issues that happen to have started about the =
same time.

The proposed solution seems risky to me. The risk is to your controllers =
which are actually running your plant.  Your problem is with a FOLAN =
that fails to single (yet keeps communicating) once in a while.  The LAN =
failures do not halt your production, but a controller failure (a risk) =
will likely halt your production.

What steps have been taken to investigate the FOLAN failure to single?  =
Did anyone enable nfd_log and nfd_debug log ?  Did anyone suggest =
marking the FOLAN stations as "FAILED" in the IIF.cur file and =
re-installing just the FOLAN files ?

Has the local Invensys Field Rep contacted his TAC group with a written =
upgrade procedure so that the TAC can comment on the plan?

Terry