Re: [foxboro] Day0 Installation of AW51G

  • From: Mathes <mathes_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:19:07 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Terry,

  Thanks for your input. The AW is currently working and all the backup data
are uptodate. This plant is using P81 RED BOXes. Few months back there was an
AW failure and the service team tried to restore with a SILVER box. But it
didnt work. So, they just replaced the harddisk from the silver box to the red
box and the AW seems to be working fine.

  But after this restoration, FOLAN seems to fail to single very frequently.
Our local service team tried to fix the problem and tried various fixes. Still
they could not resolve the FOLAN problem. So they want to do Day0 committal on
this AW to fix the FOLAN. I am not really comfortable doing this and thats why
I querried in this forum.

  We think of doing this as follows.

  1) Day0 committal Installation to 7.0
  2) Release update to 7.1.1
  3) Copy the Checkpoint files & Workfiles from the latest backup (backup just
before shutdown)
  4) Copy the display files & custom files
  5) Re install AIM * Historian.

  I have done this work earlier, but I always did Initialise/Reboot/Loadall of
all CPs. In this case I cant do any reboot. Will appreciate more input from the
forum to help me resolve this.

  Thanks once again.

  Regards
  mathes

  "Doucet, Terrence" <tdoucet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Mathes,
You should really contact your Invensys Field Service Rep to get this =
done correctly. Even if you can reboot the CP's, a Day0 is done on V7.1, =
not 7.1.1. (Release Upgrade) How up-to-date are your SAVEALL files? =
What about display files and historical data?

If you try to go the no reboot path - where are you copying the work =
files, etc from? How up-to-date is that data? If you can copy from the =
original hard disk, why not copy the whole drive and just boot your =
AW51G from that drive? If the drives are different size, there are some =
tricks in the Cassandra archives that can help get the new drive =
bootable.

This is not an easy or trivial task. You have a running plant and you =
would like to have the plant running in the same manner after your "fix" =
of the AW51G. You likely need the Invensys Rep to help.

Terry