[foxboro] Undelete on Solaris?

  • From: David Johnson <drjohn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:34:00 -0600

Hello all,

While cleaning up the data in a aim* historian on an AW51E a friend
of ours deleted everything in /opt/aim/inst/hist02.  ( I know what
you're thinking, yeah, right, a "friend" but it really wasn't
me.)   Anyway I'm not sure, but deleting the .cfg files seems like a
bad idea.  And the historian is no longer collecting data.  I have no
idea when the last backup was made, but it's probably not too recent.
(I'd have to ask my friend.)  Anyway, in the past I've done some
little tricks to re-link i-nodes (success rates have varied) , but
always on one of my boxes.  Does anyone have any way to undelete some files?

Happy New Year everyone.  May you have a healthy, peaceful and prosperous year.

Regards,
David

Johnson in '08          "He's constitutionally qualified!"