Re: [foxboro] Color Printers for WP70

  • From: "Blunier, Mark" <Mark.Blunier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:28:24 -0600

> In regard to the last post about the system monitor message when CPs=20
> go from FT to Single.  I have complained about this in the past in=20
> user group meetings, perhaps I should have put more dots on it.  To=20
> Sysmon, a line printer running out of paper has the same level of=20
> urgency as a CP pair becoming unmarried (is that the same as=20
> divorced?).   Never seemed right to me.

I don't think you have that quite right.  They are not the same urgency,
Foxboro thinks the alarm printer is more important.  After you =
acknowledge
the printer the system light quits flashing and is red.  With the CP,
when it gets acknowledged, the system light goes back to white,
like nothing is wrong.  When I've put in CARs on the alarms I'm told
this is what Foxboro thinks the right way.  A white system light
means all system functions are available.  It does not mean all system
components are working.

Mark