RE: RPC over HTTPS and Outlook 2003

  • From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:49:01 +0800

Greetings Mustafa,

The configuration in outlook 2003 will use different connections, depending
where you are.

Let's say, you on the LAN, which mean you are connected/logged on to the
domain etc. Outlooks will rely on RPC.

When you are on the internet, let's say from a CyberCafe or home, then you
are not logged on the domain, hence outlook uses the alternate way of
connecting to exchange 2003, in this case would be RPC-Http

/Gill