RE: RPC over HTTPS and Outlook 2003

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 04:44:48 -0600

Hi All!
I have now created new registry entries in Outlook
client computer under HKCU. They are:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\RPC]
"EnableRPCtunnelingUI"=dword:00000001
"DisableRpcTcpFallback"=dword:00000001
"RpcTraceEnable"=dword:00000001
"ConnectTimeout"=dword:000493e0
"ConnectTimeoutLow"=dword:000493e0
"RFRTimeout"=dword:000493e0

This time the outlook tries to connect to Exchange not
over 135 port (I used outlook /rpcdiag). When I
entried my user information and password on the logon
popup window, I became the error message that says:

"No connection to Exchange Server, Outlook must be
either in online mode or connected."

If I click "Cancel", I became the error:

"Your standard mail folder cannot be opened. The file
C:\Documents and Settings\mcicek\Local
Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook0.ost is not a offline
folder file"

Then I cannot connect to Exchange.
That is the situation now.
I think there must be other Registry-Entries which are
modified or created on the client computer??!

Best Regards
Mustafa