RE: RPC over HTTPS and Outlook 2003

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:56:31 -0600

Hi Raj,
I have created a seperat publishing rule for RPC over HTTPS and added
/rpc/* to path. I removed other paths: /exchange/*, /exchweb/*, /public/*.

It is interesting to know for me:
I used the same listener in RPC over HTTPS publishing like in OWA
publishing. It menas that the Listener has the authentication Forma-based
authentication. But I tried both form-based and standard authentication
for RPC over HTTPS. It didn't help me.

To your previous mail:
I didn't have the record of EXchange back-end server in the external DNS.
THat is also not my wish. I want o protect back-end from hackers. Because
of that I have twio Firewalls and ISA 2004 in Lab. Only ISA external IP
address should be connected by extern clients. THen, you know, ISA will
forwar (SSL bridging) traffic to front-end.

I tested your suggestion before. If I have the back-end in the DNS list
and type back-end Exchange in Exchange Server field, I can connect me over
RPC over HTTPS.

Best Regrads
Mustafa