[etni] HOTS

  • From: "David R. Herz" <drh16@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:18:07 +0200

My objection is not to HOTS, it is to its imposition upon this teaching
community.  I also do not take issue with people expressing their personal
opinions.  However, when those persons function as agents of the ministry in
the imposition of this program, HOTS trainers or developers, literature
advisers, what have you, and also on the board of the "grass-roots" ETAI,
and they start to belittle ("I don't see," "I don't get it,"  "Don't you
always . . . ?" times three, "Don't you often . . . ?," "Don't you usually .
. . ?," "I truly do not understand what all the noise is about . . . ," "The
cheese hasn't moved . . .")  the frustration that teachers are experiencing
with HOTS, they should not be surprised when people perceive a conflict.  It
was suggested that certain people "have a look at the program from a
different perspective."  From my vantage point, I would suggest that those
invested in the program do the same.  I would like to suggest an ETNI poll:

Should particular methodologies, in this case HOTS, be imposed upon
teachers?

David R. Herz

drh16@xxxxxxxxxxx

drherz69@xxxxxxxxx