[esnr] Re: SAN

  • From: "Catherine Ruckert" <cjruckert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 05:44:10 +0000

Is the intention really to encourage people to enter at the grassroots level or is it to prevent the grassroot level people from ever reaching the clinical level? Just a query!!

I was at the meeting in Winterthur and remember a very rushed agenda, at the end of a very long and demanding day. There was a strong feeling amongst many participants that decisions had been made in advance of the meeting and that we were being bulldozed. There was little transparency in the proceedings. I whole heartedly support this new initiative, but I like many others am concerned.

With regards to Cornelia's post, while it certainly isn't necessary to have medical training to work with learning disabled children, it may well be necessary to have a degree in education!!!

Incidentally, I think Norway is a wonderful place to have future meetings!!

Catherine Ruckert MA,

From: "Gruzelier, John H" <j.gruzelier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [esnr] Re: SAN
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:16:11 +0100

Dear Cornelia,

Thankyou for your support.

The training programme will have three streams ;- clinical, educational and optimal performance. The intention will be to encourage people without clinical and medical training to enter the educational and optimal performance programmes.

My own research programme also includes hypnosis and energy medicine, and therefore I am very aware of the value (and limitations) of these procedures, and the added advantages of eclectic approaches to optimise performance and health.

With best wishes,

John