[esnr] Re: SAN

  • From: "Cornelia Dollfus" <c.dollfus@xxxxxx>
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:31:15 +0200 (MEST)

Dear members,

I think its not the question that  untrained and not in psychiatric field
working people will do neurofeedback with psychotic people. that would be
absolutely nonsense!they are not able to do the right diagnosis.  etc.

But what I suggest is, that we establish a well informed and trained field
of people working in the educational and optimal traning area, like John has
written that it is proposed.
And these have to remain in the educational area and not to work with people
that are psychiatric ill. Here has a european society a responsibility with
their certifications and informations.

Educational trainers  will be very important for clients, and also for
clinical neurofeedback, because some of such trainers are working yet, so a
society has to see that not untrained trainers beginn to work. It would be
very destructive for acceptance of neurofeedback in science and for clinical
work if really untrained and uncertified people do neurofeedback.

So, dear Lesley, I understand your position but dont agree with you, but I
think we will get a
boumerang if we define the necessary training for working with neurofeedback
too hard towards having university studies. And for some disturbances it
will really be not necessary to have this.

Psychotherapy and psychologic couselling are also near together, but have a
different clientele and often different goals.

best wishes

Cornelia Dollfus

 Dear Catherine,