Re: Sometimes screen freezes when unrecognised filetype dialog is shown

  • From: "Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 09:51:02 -0400

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 23:14:19 -0400
tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Judging by the behavior of 0.1.7, I guess the intended action when
> > double clicking a file with no extension is to "view" without
> > prompting then?
> If it's reported as a text file by the 'file' command. Otherwise, the
> open-with dialog should be shown.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

> > Any word on that? I'd like to get my hand on the fix. I think that
> > bug was the only thing I encountered in the "tom-20060621" version
> > that would really keep me from using it.
> There were others ...

Heh... no doubt about that. I may find another "show stopper," or
three, even. :) I presume that if you thought there were any truly
dangerous bugs you wouldn't have issued the pre-release.

> tooar is arranging a new subversion server, with enough bandwidth for
> general access. http://svn.emelfm2.net exists, but as of now, has no
> data. I understand tooar is quite busy, and it may be a little while
> yet.

OK, thanks for the info.

> #ifdef E2_ASYNC
>       gdk_threads_leave ();
> #endif
>
> The version you have incorrectly has gdk_threads_enter () again,
> instead of the 2nd gdk_threads_leave ()

Great. That's much appreciated. I can confirm that it does prevent the
UI from hanging, here. Now maybe I can drive the thing around a little
longer for testing. You ready for some more bug reports? :)

Thanks again,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan A. Irwin