Re: Sometimes screen freezes when unrecognised filetype dialog is shown

  • From: "Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:49:53 -0400

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:05:44 -0400
tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Clicking "Open" and entering a command works fine, as do "Cancel"
> > and "Add." Only when I click "View" does the UI freeze.
> Bug affected all usage of external viewer. Now fixed.

Outstanding. That's quick work, thanks. :)

> > On a related note, I notice that double clicking a file with *no*
> > filename extension will open the file in the internal viewer every
> > time, if the option to use internal viewer is set. However, if the
> > option to use an external viewer is set, double clicking a file
> > with no filename extension will automatically "View" the first
> > time... then, for the rest of the session, I get the "unrecognized
> > filetype" prompt when double clicking files with no extension. And,
> > of course, if I am so foolish as to click "View," the UI freezes. :)
> Applied a workaround for some strange glibc behaviour.

Judging by the behavior of 0.1.7, I guess the intended action when
double clicking a file with no extension is to "view" without prompting
then?

BTW, I've tried to check out the latest from the svn repository at:

<http://svnhosting.org:8000/svn/e2svn/>

That's the only address I have found to try... but then I found a
message in the archives in which you (or another "Tom" who looks a lot
like you :)) said:

> In general, direct access to the svn repository is (or at least was)
> not encouraged, due to limited bandwidth. Perhaps that's not a real
> issue anymore.

Any word on that? I'd like to get my hand on the fix. I think that
bug was the only thing I encountered in the "tom-20060621" version
that would really keep me from using it.

Thanks,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan A. Irwin