Sometimes screen freezes when unrecognised filetype dialog is shown

  • From: "Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 05:11:22 -0400

Hi,

Given the low volume of the list, I guess it's best I just jump in
rather than trying to get the "feel" of the list before posting. :)

On the "release notes" for the Jun 22 pre-release,

//www.freelists.org/archives/emelfm2/06-2006/msg00002.html

there is the comment:

1. Sometimes screen freezes when unrecognized filetype dialog is shown.

I can duplicate this behavior every time by setting the "use external
file viewer" option to any external program. (gvim is my preference).

As long as the internal file viewer is used there is no problem, but if
I set the "use external" option, double clicking a file with an unknown
file extension and clicking "View" on the resulting "unrecognized
filetype" dialog will hang the UI every time. Clicking "Open" and
entering a command works fine, as do "Cancel" and "Add." Only when I
click "View" does the UI freeze.

On a related note, I notice that double clicking a file with *no*
filename extension will open the file in the internal viewer every time,
if the option to use internal viewer is set. However, if the option to
use an external viewer is set, double clicking a file with no filename
extension will automatically "View" the first time... then, for the
rest of the session, I get the "unrecognized filetype" prompt when
double clicking files with no extension. And, of course, if I am so
foolish as to click "View," the UI freezes. :)

Hope the feedback helps.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan A. Irwin