Re: Segfault after attempting to enter dir with execute only perm

  • From: tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:17:58 -0400

> I've noticed a problem that affects both the current (0.1.7) release
> and the latest pre-release (emelfm2-tom-20060621). If I attempt to
> enter a directory for which I have execute only permission (In this
> case, owned by another user, with perm 0711) I get a GTK error:
Yes, to now it checks for X permission, but not R permission, before accessing
a directory. Now fixed.

> And e2 seems to hang in perpetual "wait" state, judging by the "busy"
> mouse cursor. However, I can still back out of the directory, and
> e2 seems to return to normal... but there's still a problem. Somehow
> the act of trying to read that unreadable dir has set:
>
> pane2-sort-column=-2
That's an indicator for no sorting at all. More particularly, the
directory-display process was interrupted at a point when sorting was turned
off.

To fix subsequent startup problems, in the file ~/.config/emelfm2/cache change
the -2 value to 0, or as noted in your later post, delete the line.