Feature request- Pause updating

  • From: Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 04:25:15 +0000

Hi Tom

First - apologies for the re-post. I sent this 5 days ago, but it has not
appeared on the list.

I think this is a feature request rather than a bug report - although the
behaviour in question seems to have become noticeable relatively recently.

When browsing directories with numerous files (so that the list extends beyond
the bottom of the panel), if one of those files is changed by some application,
the panel is redrawn so that I lose my place.  It would be nice to have a
button to "pause updating".  I know I can get round the problem by filtering the
file list to target the class of file I am looking for, but a pause button
would be nicer.

Geoff