[elky] Re: today (ok, yesterday's stuff)

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 16:18:29 -0500

                  Yeah but the humidity has been pretty low lately(below %50
usually).  The 104* stuff is getting old though. I got one stump out last
night. That's one out of 14 not including the 5 trees I still need to cut
down.

                    Luckily there is no clay or rock here so digging in a
pleasure. Exactly the opposite of what I'm used to. Course digging in sand
isn't the easiest either cause for every foot you go down you have to go
over 2' or more. The sand has a tiny bit of moisture when you get a foot
down. I can take a flat nosed shovel and easily push it all the way in the
ground around the stump to start digging it out.  I just dig out what I can
then cut roots then dig and cut more. I want as much out as I can get.
Sawsall does some cutting but I'm using the cheapie poulan chainsaw to do
most of the cutting. Cuts great considering how much sand it has chewed up.
The chains are cheaper than sawsall blades.

             Working on getting before pics taken and in progress and after
pics. Gotta get them on the computer from the phone tonight. Well headed
back out to work more on stump #2. It's only 102* here and no breeze but
light shade.

                     Robert Adams

Now THAT sounds like a lot ow work Robert.