[elky] Re: Win 8.1 & weather

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: El Camino List <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 06:25:12 -0600

I am really not a snow fan, but I find the weather very interesting. Hang
in there Ray.

Where we are now, the weather is very different, believe it or not. Cook
and DuPage County have strange phenomenon happening because of the lake.
Especially when a low pressure center passes over the tip of it. the
counterclockwise rotation accelerates the air over the lake, then the flow
splits systems that would normally crash in to us there. The systems end up
going north or south all the time. We were at the west central border of
DuPage County before. Now we are at the west central edge of Kane County (2
county widths distance from the old plate straight west) Those systems that
are rolling in just keep on rolling. If they say it is coming, it is. Not
like to old house, where they say the big one is on the way, then it moves
north or south, or both but misses us.

Cindy and I both used to sit on the porch and watch the extreme weather
move in when we lived in Iowa. Mother Nature is awesome. I feel bad when
people get hurt in it, but the power of these systems is awe inspiring.

Back to our regularly scheduled snowstorm.

JC