[elky] Re: Truck Discussion

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:03:38 -0700

gee, if they're giving stuff away, maybe we should go look, eh?

We test drove a Toyota FJ Cruiser Saturday. The "ruggedized" interior would be ideal, but the FJ wouldn't be practical for a family (half doors in the rear). I asked the salesman if he had ever been in an FJ with the factory supercharger installed; his response? "Most customers are happy with 236 horsepower". I tried not to laugh.

We didn't even drive a Tacoma, as soon as we sat in one the Mrs. said it is too small.

We also test drove a crew cab autotragic 2500 Ram. It was nice... it should be it stickered for $52K. Heavy duty trucks have come a long way. We decided we could definitely use a Ram... I would have liked to drive a 6 speed truck but of course there isn't one near me. I'm debating new versus used, the older trucks are holding their value, but that may be due to the fact that the newer models have more emissions equipment (but not urea injection, that GM and Ford have).

There were Ram Trucks corporate guys at the dealership... they gave us some t-shirts then as we were leaving the salesman ran out and gave me an iPod shuffle. I was impressed, that's not your average give-away.

The paralysis by analysis continues... now there is a CTS-V tempting me... it's like Vader in the back of my mind: "I'm altering the deal..."