[elky] Re: Ego Stroking

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:05:50 -0700

excellent!  Not sure I could even hit a 12" target it's been so long.  sorry about the weather.  Yesterday was spectacular, today is what you described.  My lettuce has popped up, so it's not a total downer.

Mary
I was at my lady friend's home. It was cold, about 39 degrees with a nasty wet wind off the cold sea. It was blowing about 20 mph. I put one cartridge in my shirt pocket like Barney Fife. I went out to the car and fetched my tattered target and set it up (had to brace it with some tree limbs cause of the wind) about a hundred feet from my shooting position. Went back in the house and fetched my SKS. By the time I left the house the second time a light cold rain started falling. Confidence, remember. I dug the cartridge out of my shirt pocket and manually inserted it into my SKS's magazine. Pulled back and let the charging handle fly forward chambering the round. Looked at the target. Thought to myself. I am insane.

Using the procedure I developed (and you may have read) I aimed and fired. One shot.

Headed back into the house to dry off my rifle and left it to be cleaned. Went back out to fetch the target and put it in the car before it got all soggy from the cold rain.

Cleaned my SKS and put it back in it's case.

This all happened about ten days ago. Today I took a picture of the target I used that day.

This is it.

The outer ring is two inches. The inner is a drawn around quarter or a little less than one inch.

Rick Draganowski
(Soli Deo Gloria)

p.s. It was worth getting cold and wet.