[elky] Re: Truck Discussion

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:17:22 -0500

I've read the Dodge V10 has the terrible MPG, an old design.  Not that
a 6.8L anything is going to get "good" mileage, but at least fair on
the highway, since it is a modern design (also versus the retired BBC
based 8.1).  There is a guy with a spreadsheet here:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/915444-what-kind-of-mpg-from-2010-f350-v10-with-4-10-a.html
getting 13.2 MPG.  I barely get 16 MPG with the Volvo...

>>If you want something that is strictly truck they seem ok.  Wasn't excited
with any one of them after looking at 150 F150s and superduties.  Didn't
really like any of them, specially after I saw the interior in mine :)

Yes the interiors are very bland.  Ford definitely waited the longest
to put a modern interior in the trucks.  That may bother the Mrs. more
than me.  I'd be fine with vinyl and rubber mat instead of carpet.

Hope things work out for you Robert, I'd sell my 8.5 if someone would
come and get it... I can't be bothered to crate it.