[elky] Re: OT: two bottles, near disaster

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:00:15 -0700

/Stupid pride. /

Absolutely. Really a terrible thing, especially when taken to excess...like obsessing about what others think of you. Bah! I wasted WAY too much time and emotional energy on that. Now, who cares?

On 11/12/2010 8:59 AM, STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx wrote:
Wow, your lucky it wasn't worse.
Like U I would be aware of being seen if I fell while delivering mail. Stupid pride. I realized most of my injuries were from jumping up to fast. Towards the end of my career, if I slipped, or tripped, I sat still for a while, catch my breath, and get up nice and slow. Worked like a charm.
Smoky Mt. Frank
In a message dated 11/12/2010 10:26:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    The cut wasn't serious, I had a spare pair of shades and my
    clothes were washable, so all factors considered, it wasn't a big
deal. But the reaction of injured pride bothered me quite a bit. Since then I've worked on not taking myself so seriously and
    laughing at my screwball antics.  I think I'm a little better at it.