[elky] Re: New window wipes (felts)

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:28:29 -0400 (EDT)

what good news.........mightaswell

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 9/29/2011 12:30:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

yeah, I  was thinking about that - Blazer has power windows and I've had
'dealer-induced' problems with them.  If I'm going to take the door apart  I
think it would be prudent to replace the wimpy motor that leaves the drivers
 side one up 4".

Just what I need - another project with a bunch  of 'mightaswells'
attached.  Still don't have baseboard downstairs,  but we do the tile done
(except
some of the caulking) and the bathroom is done  (with the new mightaswell
vanity, which was more of a 'I"m not putting that  piece of junk back in
there") and a few other small things.  But we have  indoor plumbing now....

finishing up with the wall patching  today.

Mary

The "heavy duty" sound deadener was only an expedient.   If'n I could have
foound the jute/fabric material like OEM I would have used  that.

I don't know about the Blazer but the Elky  take-apart and put-back on the
doors isn't bad at all.  Having the  right door panel tools was a big help.
I was able to get the tool for  the window crank at Auto Zone and the one
for the retainer clips at NAPA;  total outlay for the tools was about $12.
Drop by and I loan them to  you; it will only cost you about $15 in gas to
get up here and  back.

Dan