[ebooktalk] Re: RNIB Braille library.

  • From: "Elaine Harris \(Rivendell\)" <elaineharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 20:19:11 +1000

Alison,

I love your idea of issuing people with new machinery and an audio manual
and telling them to get on with it.

When I did my computer training - not until 1999 - one of my technical
services' colleagues sat in on it and assisted; basically, he wanted to be
able to help once Peter from Quantum was no longer there.
Paul, from Tech. Services was a lovely man, possessed a quirky sense of
humour. He was fascinated by the way we use keystroke commands instead of
the ubiquitous mouse. Sadly, we never carried it out but we dreamed of a
computer training day during which we sent colleagues out for a long liquid
lunch; the idea was that when they returned there would be not a mouse in
sight and they we have to learn to do without. He grasped the concept
whereas many never do.

Sorry to be tardy in sending this; I began it over 24 hours ago but life
happens, as they say.

Elaine