[ebooktalk] Re: RNIB Braille library.

  • From: "CJ & AA MAY" <chrisalis.may@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:49:17 +0100

You are right - those who say there is no place for Braille today are either
wsighted or those who just don't want the bother of learning it - or a
combination of both!
I'm appalled at how few Rehab. Workers have a working knowledge of Braille -
even Grade 1. And I am concerned where the blind adult needing this skill
will be able to receive appropriate tuition. Some Rehab. Workers just give
them the Fingerprint books and tapes and tell them to get on learning it for
themselves - I'd like to see them try!
Alison