[ebooktalk] Re: Authors reading their own work.

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 14:35:00 +0100

Stephen King is notoriously bad at reading his own stuff but I love le Cares
interpretation of his books.  The thing about poems and poets depends a bit on
who and what you mean.  for instance, I can't imagine anyone ever reading
Beesley street better than John cooper clark.  Same goes for Benjamin Zephaniah
and I always thought that Adrian Mitchell was a brilliant reader of his own
work as were the Liverpool three of Henri, Mcgough and Patton. And, of course,
Dylan Thomas reading Fern Hill is a moment of magic.