[ebooktalk] Re: CURRENT AND RECENT READS

  • From: "Shell" <shell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 17:08:32 +0100

Hi Ian,
I have to agree with you about the Amanda Prowse.  There were certain bits of
the book that were very interesting, but I found some passages rather amature
in style.  Some scenes were too formulaic, for example the episode in the pub
where all the locals were dead against having the young offenders centre near
by and the speaches that won them all round.  However, there were some touching
ideas in there, for example the mother's attachments to the clothes pegs.
I wonder if this is an author that might improve over time.