[duxuser] Re: upgrade to 10.5

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:38:28 -0400

Hello Listers:

Now you see why I made the suggestion to have DBT 10.5 be installed to
a different folder instead of "Duxbury".  Because DBT 10.5 is so
different from DBT 10.4 in its design and additional functions, it
would be logical to install it to a folder such as "Duxbury 10.5" or
"DBT 10.5".  In doing this by default, these kinds of situations would
not happen and therefore they would be avoided.  The other advantage
to doing this would be that the technical support team at Duxbury and
their dealers around the world would not have to waste their time and
valuable and limited company resources explaining how to restore DBT
10.4.

Here you have an example of a person who over wrote their 10.4 version
of DBT and is now screwed as to how to restore their 10.4 version of
DBT back to how it was before they over wrote it with DBT 10.5.

In this instance, this individual seems to have the basic knowledge as
to how to remove the software from their computer.  But,
unfortunately, they do not seem to know the whole story on how to do
it completely.  I think that you will agree, it is a classic case of
knowing half the procedure of doing something can be more dangerous
than not knowing the procedure at all.

Personally speaking, when this happens, to quote an old expression "it
is like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.  Oh! to
quote another expression "one ounce of prevention, is better than a
ton of cure".

Sincerely:

Dave Durber