[duxuser] Re: upgrade to 10.5

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:35:24 +0100

Hi David,

During installation, you have the option to change the
installation folder, and therefore can have both versions on
your system.

You will however need the floppy master disk to hand in this
case.

George.

Durber
> Sent: 06 September 2004 16:11
> To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] Re: upgrade to 10.5
>
> Given the fact there are and, will continue to be teething

> problems with DBT 10.5, I am hoping that we will be able
> have both versions of the software on our computers, in
the
> same way as JAWS for Windows.
>
> My suggestion would be that the program folder should be
> called Duxbury 10.5 or simply DBT 10.5.
>
> If DBT 10.5 is allowed to overwrite or update DBT 10.4,
then
> it will prevent individuals like myself from producing our

> braille output with a version of DBT that does what we
want it to do.

> This means, for example, if I import a file from DBT 10.4
into DBT
> 10.5 that has a custom-saved template and I create that
> template in DBT 10.5 and, for example, I have problems
> embossing that file within DBT 10.5, I should be able to
load
> that file back into DBT 10.4 and emboss the file in a way
> that I know that the file will be embossed correctly.
>
> This will not be possible if DBT 10.5 is allowed to
overwrite
> or update the default folder for DBT 10.4, which has, up
> now, been called "Duxbury".
>
> This problem should be given the most urgent attention.
>
> Sincerely:
>
> Dave Durber
>
> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 07:40:51 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Hi Ken,
> >
> >You do NOT need to remove DBT 10.4 first.  The
installation program
> >will then automatically find your License file a proceed
accordingly.

> >George Bell.
> >
> >________________________________

Stewart
> >Sent: 06 September 2004 04:00
> >To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [duxuser] Re: upgrade to 10.5
> >

> >When upgrading from 10.4 to 10.5, we do need to uninstall
> >10.4 don't we or will the install program take care of
that?
> >Thanks
> >Ken Stewart
> >

> >This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.

> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com